A world-renowned health plan in the Northeast has a new opening on their Medicare Actuarial team. This role will support one of the top Medicare Advantage plans in the country and can be worked fully remote.
- Reports to head of actuarial department or Actuarial Manager
- Preparation of State and Federal filings. Including Federal Exchange, Pennsylvania Insurance Department Filings and Medicare Bid Submissions.
- Presents results of analyses and recommendations to management and provide analytical support for rate development and filings
- Responsible for the preparation of financial analyses in support of the following functions: Medical cost and utilization trend analysis; Forecasting; Development of claim reserves (IBNR)
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, economics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in actuarial work in a health insurance, managed care, or related consulting business
- ASA or FSA certification
- Medicare bid experience, pricing experience, strong Excel/SQL skills, risk score experience, model building, trend experience, CMS audit experience
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.