A top oil and gas trading firm and investment bank is currently looking to bring in a new head of US Capital Markets Audit to lead their audit efforts. This organization is known as one of the top oil and gas trading business while also having equities, Fixed Income, Rates, and FX desks as well. The team has great work life balance and a culture of promoting from within.
In this role, you will be leading the Capital Markets audit efforts for the whole US business. You will be leading a team of auditors split between NYC and Houston to work with the various business heads on auditing their business. Oil and Gas commodity trading is a large part of this firm's business thus a significant amount of the audits will involve this space, but you will also have exposure and be responsible for the other asset classes too. Furthermore, you will be responsible for recruiting, developing, and retaining talent for the audit group and influence the direction of the overall audit function within the US.
- Work with senior management and business leaders on the internal audits for capital markets business units.
- Lead the US Capital Markets audit function and develop and execute the general audit strategy.
- Lead a team of auditor in order ensure that audits are being conducted and finished accurately and timely.
- Lead and mentor team members while also developing their audit and business acumen skills.
- 10+ years of experience in the capital markets audit space
- Ability to lead and develop talent within audit.
- Strong communication skills to interact and influence senior stakeholders across the firm.
- 5+ years of experience working with commodities.