Well known global investment firm is looking to expand their Platform Engineering team. This role is at the center of the team. This investment firm is known for their innovative technology and success in combining finance and tech.
- Serve as the primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and availability of their Google Cloud environments.
- Work closely with development teams to make sure that platforms are designed with "operability" and "usability" in mind.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new platforms or features to facilitate their rapid iteration and continuous improvements.
- Develop tools to improve their ability to quickly deploy and effectively monitor and maintain Citadel's applications and services in a Google Cloud Environment.
- B.S. (M.S. preferred, PhD.D a plus) in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, or Mathematics
- 3+ years in Cloud Engineering or Cloud Enablement role
- Developer background with experience in one or more of C++, Java, Python, or Golang
- Strong competency with Google Cloud APIs and products, Terraform, and managing containerized services
- Depth of knowledge around Cloud landing zone core constructs (VPCs, SCPs, IAMs, account structure), best practices, controls, networking considerations.
- Commits to a relevant cloud-related open-source project a big plus
- Knowledge of most of these: data structures and algorithms, relational and non-relational datastores, networking, Linux internals, file systems, distributed systems, and related topics.
- Commercial, pragmatic and process oriented with excellent communication skills.
Full Time Based in New York City. No C2C or C2H.