Role title: Aluminium Trader / Sales, China
Location of the role: Guanzhou, China.
Reporting: Group head
The purpose of the role
To maximize the commercial value for Aluminum Sales in China through excellent knowledge of the Chinese customer base and by developing sustainable sales to key clients whilst considering the competitive environment.
1. Build, manage and constantly develop the Chinese trading book of imported primary aluminium, billets and other smelter casthouse products.
2. Actively identify and implement the tolling (export processing) opportunities for primary metal to be converted into VAPs and semis in China for export markets
3. Analysis of market and consumer environment, including competitor analysis, developing opportunities for market share and margin growth, and market defense activities
4. Develop and maintain improvement activities that continuously raise the level of customer satisfaction with products and services.
5. Define and manage the level of risk that enables the value of our sales
6. Build, implement and improve the supply chain to maximize the total transaction value
7. Identify and continuously improve Sales performance by developing internal systems through collaboration with other functions
1. Bachelor or Master's Degree in Economics, Commerce or any other relevant majors
2. 3-5 years' work experience in aluminium trading in China
3. Experience in import, export and tolling operations
4. Fluent in Mandarin & English. Cantonese - preferred
5. Able to travel overseas for business
6. Advanced knowledge of international trade techniques, INCOTERMS 2010, LME/SHFE hedging, financing and payment instruments