An industry-leading American Investment Bank is hiring talented individuals to join their Model Risk Management group as a Model Governance Associate in their Dallas office. The role will sit with the Head of Model Governance for the firm and report directly up to the head of the group.
The role will offer broad exposure across the entire spectrum of model governance, responsible for financial risk reporting, presenting to the risk committee, covering all regulatory-related functions, and maintaining code with the front office.
The bank is ideally looking for someone with 2-3+ years of experience in a model governance or a model validation role, excellent communication skills, and strong coding skills across a variety of languages.
- Establish, maintain and enforce the MRM framework and governance structure
- Oversee ongoing model performance monitoring jointly with Model Validation and enforce change control procedures
- Communicate and coordinate with compliance to train key stakeholders on Model Control Policy and related requirements, including any significant changes
- Provide ad-hoc analysis on model inventory.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, hard sciences, financial engineering, or finance
- Strong programming skills, including object oriented languages and scripts (e.g., SQL, Access, VBA)
- Experience in a quantitative role in the Financial markets
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, interpersonal and organizational skills