I am working with a major American Bank; they are looking to fill a AVP Balance Sheet Management. This is a role that would report directly up to Americas Head of Balance Sheet Management on the Treasury Management team.
The Balance Sheet management team is responsible for several key Treasury disciplines, including Asset & Liability Management, Funding & Liquidity Management, Funds Transfer Pricing and Planning & Forecasting and Stress Testing initiatives
The overall purpose of role is to support the Treasury Asset & Liability Management and Funding Liquidity Management teams with Liquidity Management & Forecasting with responsibilities including cash flow forecasting, funding planning and strategic projects.
- Delivery of Planning and Forecasting reporting to US Treasury management.
- Drive production & continuous improvement of US Planning and Forecasting processes in-line with prudential & internal requirements
- Funding Plan production for Medium Term Plans and Internal Stress Tests,
- CCAR Funding Plan and Treasury P&L analysis
- Short Term Cash Flows projections
- Actual vs MTP Treasury P&L analysis.
Support the continuous improvement of these processes in terms of funding assessment, operational efficiency and/or controls effectiveness.
- Establishing effective working relationships with key stakeholders and sponsors with global business units and delivery teams
- Manage and understand in depth analysis of the balance sheet with an aim to identify risks and opportunities that may impact liquidity. Lead Implementation of action plans to address these.
- 2-4 years of experience
- ALM or treasury risk experience
- Good communication skills and multifaceted skills
- Motivated to learn and challenge yourself and others