The Associate Auditor II role within the Internal Audit function is responsible for executing independent, objective assurance and consulting activities designed to assess and evaluate the effectiveness of the Bank's governance, risk management and control processes within the Corporate and Investment Banking Division. It reports to either a VP, Audit Lead or a Director, Sr. Audit Lead. This role includes, but is not limited to, execution of end-to-end audit process (e.g. planning, fieldwork testing, reporting, issues validation, etc.) and independently owning audit administration activities and project deliverables across the organization.
- Maintain compliance with audit methodology, while also operating within industry best practices, applicable regulations, and internal and external professional practice expectations.
- Build relationships with peers and clients within organization and exhibit a high standard of performance and professional conduct
- Lead walk-through meetings and interviews with business stakeholders to develop understanding of business processes.
- Lead formal discussions with business stakeholders throughout the duration of audit engagements to communicate status or concerns.
- Identify potential risks and controls and assist in developing scope and work programs.
- Evaluate design and operational effectiveness of internal controls and identify control weaknesses.
- Generate insightful, meaningful observations that effectively convey significance and impact on risk and/or risk management practices, reporting findings and audit issues to Audit Management.
- Prepare work papers and audit reports with documented results that adhere to methodology, applicable standards and regulatory requirements, using appropriate business and technical language.
- Identify control weaknesses and escalate and discuss findings with Audit Management and business stakeholders as appropriate.
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related business discipline at an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 2+ years and/or equivalent of experience of internal audit and/or equivalent of experience with the financial services industry, related markets, and related regulatory agencies.
- Experience preferred in audit area of coverage or equivalent.
- Exhibits effective communication (both verbal and written), negotiation and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills; and ability to engage with all levels of internal audit and business line management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Employs critical thinking skills to identify pragmatic recommendations within an evolving and increasingly complex regulatory and risk management environment.
- Proficiency in technology as required for assigned areas (MS Office, audit data analytics, etc.).