AWS Data Infrastructure Architect | Elite Hedge Fund | Boston
One of the world's most elite Hedge Funds is known for generating more revenue per head on their lean teams than almost any other firm in the industry. They have a rare opportunity for an experienced AWS Infrastructure Architect to lead a major migration to the cloud.
As this firm's AWS Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will be an authority on architectures that leverage AWS services to increase availability and drive down costs for their high performance, low latency trading teams. This is a hybrid role in which you will roll up your sleeves to implement hands-on solutions, lead a small team, and design enterprise-level architecture. You will also collaborate with network and infrastructure architects to define and implement a firm-wide strategy for globally distributed data centers.
- Architect and build innovative AWS solutions prioritizing top-notch performance, first-rate security, and fail-safe reliability
- Expand your expertise with HPC, batch processing and big data, archiving and disaster recovery
- Interface directly with executives to drive discussions with senior leaders on trade-offs, best practices, and risk mitigation
- 9+ years of hands-on experience building cloud infrastructure, compute, storage, and virtualization solutions
- Expertise integrating cloud services with on premise technologies from VMware
- Experience with at least one large scale migration from Data Center to Data Center and/or Data Center to Cloud
- Strong practical Linux or Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment
- Experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notification
- Advanced knowledge of Windows and Active Directory
- Industry leading compensation and benefits
- Work from home flexibility
- A close-knit culture, prioritizing work life balance, professional development, and collaboration across all levels of the business