Remote Backend Software Engineer
Selby Jennings has recently partnered with a financial services firm that is searching for talented, motivated Java/C++ Backend Software Engineers who have a passion for start-ups and all things crypto. Through its cutting-edge investment platform, this radically transparent company makes high-quality financial markets easily available to everyone in the world.
The company's remote-first engineering team creates solutions for very complex financial systems around the world. Expanding industry-leading exchange technology will enable you to significantly enhance financial markets for years to come. You will have a big impact on the company's design, focus, and vision by joining at this early stage.
In this role, you would:
- Promote scalable, high-level innovation across the company's backend infrastructure with an emphasis on high throughput, high dependability, and low latency.
- Create and maintain scalable, trustworthy infrastructure, APIs, and services.
- Lead standup meetings, code reviews, coaching sessions, and talks about system architecture and development.
- Troubleshoot issues at various stack levels and across services.
- 3+ years of backend development experience (Java, C++, Python, Go, Rust)
- Strong experience with RESTful API design, unit & functional testing, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field