As a Compliance Counsel within the Third-Party Risk Management team, you will play a pivotal role in safeguarding our organization from legal and reputational risks associated with third-party relationships. You will primarily focus on anti-bribery & corruption, but your responsibilities will extend to encompass broader ESG topics, including human rights. A legal background will be an asset in shaping and implementing compliance policies and practices.
Compliance with Anti-Bribery and Corruption Regulations:
- Develop, maintain, and enhance policies, procedures, and controls to prevent bribery and corruption.
- Conduct risk assessments and due diligence on third-party entities.
- Monitor compliance with anti-corruption laws and regulations.
- Provide guidance on gifts, entertainment, and other relevant compliance matters.
- Investigate and manage potential violations, with the implementation of corrective actions when necessary.
Third-Party Risk Assessment:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to assess the risk of third-party relationships.
- Develop and implement risk-based assessment strategies for third-party vendors and partners.
- Identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks associated with third-party interactions.
Human Rights and ESG:
- Stay updated on human rights, ESG, and sustainability regulations and trends.
- Develop and maintain policies to ensure compliance with relevant human rights and ESG standards.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to promote ESG initiatives, including reporting and disclosure.
- Conduct audits and assessments related to ESG and human rights issues.
- Provide legal advice and support in compliance matters.
- Collaborate with the legal team to interpret and apply relevant German laws and regulations.
- Support the team in drafting and negotiating contracts, agreements, and compliance-related documents.
- Bachelor's degree in legal, economics or a related field. A legal background is a strong plus.
- Proven experience in compliance, ethics, or a related field, with a focus on anti-bribery & corruption and ESG.
- Strong knowledge of German anti-corruption laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with human rights and broader ESG principles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team environment.
How to Apply:
Please apply here or reach out to Matthew Carton at Selby Jennings.