A top international Investment Bank in the Houston area is looking to hire a senior-level Credit Risk Officer to help manage their credit portfolio for clients operating across the energy industry. This position will report directly to the Head of Credit and will operate in a team lead capacity, as you will be tasked with mentoring and guiding the junior analysts and underwriters on the team. This opportunity will offer credit approval authority, and the bank is looking for candidates with direct experience managing credit risk for energy-related clients.
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of credit exposures for the bank's North American clients operating in the energy industry
- Manage the transaction deal approval process including: refinancings, acquisition financing, leveraged lending, recapitalizations, derivatives, and securitizations
- Review and approve annual and quarterly credit reviews
- Assist with special projects including stress-testing, portfolio reviews, etc.
- Negotiate key credit terms for loans and derivatives
- Meet with clients and continue to manage relationships
- Work with risk managers on risk mitigation strategy for pre and post transaction
- Mentor and train junior members of the team
- 7+ years of experience in credit risk or credit management
- Previous experience working at a large banking institution
- Experience in leveraged finance
- Strong understanding of corporate finance, bank, and capital markets products
- Experience working with energy industry counterparts