As a valued member of our team, you will play a crucial role in our distinctive business model, which encompasses a broad array of products, services, and technologies that span the entire spectrum of global financial markets.
Your Work Area:
You will be an integral part of the Cybersecurity Team, focusing on Detection and Prevention. You'll collaborate with a team of engineers situated in three different locations: Eschborn, Luxembourg, and Prague. Your primary responsibilities will revolve around managing and supporting security tools related to Database Activity Monitoring (DAM). Additionally, your team is responsible for delivering top-tier services related to malware detection, Security Information Event Management (SIEM), Host/Network Intrusion (IDS/IPS), and Web Application Firewall (WAF).
Your Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop strategies for deploying security tools related to Database Activity Monitoring
- Oversee monitoring policies to ensure their effectiveness and alignment with business needs
- Provide guidance to projects and application owners on logging policies and assist with their onboarding process
- Maintain documentation, tracking, monitoring, reporting, and stakeholder notifications, including escalation when needed
- Conduct intricate tuning and revalidation tasks for existing threat monitoring rules to adapt to emerging threats
- Enhance and improve database monitoring tools to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Hold a university degree in IT, business informatics, or a related field
- Possess knowledge of databases and database security, with preferred expertise in Imperva Database Activity Monitoring
- Proficiency in programming and scripting languages, particularly SQL, Python, and Bash
- Familiarity with SIEM (Splunk), use case development, IT build and configuration, SDLC, and/or ITIL
- Experience in configuring IT toolsets
- Capability to communicate complex concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Previous experience as a DBA or Application Support Analyst is advantageous
- Ability to identify current and emerging technology issues, including security trends, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Familiarity with public cloud platforms, with GCP as a preference, and Azure knowledge as a bonus
- Proactive research skills to analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English; German language skills are an advantage
- Team-oriented mindset with excellent communication skills, high motivation, and adaptability
If you are interested in this role, please reach out to me Louise Bagge.