A leading national Biotechnology Company is in search of a Deputy General Counsel- Patents to help lead their legal team located in the Bay Area. They are looking for the Deputy General Counsel- Patents to have experience in the biotechnology/ pharmaceutical/ life science industry and thrive in a high-volume and collaborative corporate environment. The Deputy General Counsel- Patents will be responsible for advising on intellectual property strategy across the Biotechnology Company and leading a large legal team of patent attorneys and agents. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow within the company, help build out and manage the legal team, and receive long term incentives such as stock and equity.
The Deputy General Counsel- Patents will be responsible for:
- Reporting directly the Biotechnology Company's Chief Patent Counsel and partnering with senior leadership and business stakeholders on a variety of legal IP matters.
- Leading a legal team of 10+ patent attorneys and patent agents in the Biotechnology Company's Oncology business unit.
- Oversee and manage the Biotechnology Company's global patent rights in order to shape the intellectual property strategy.
- Taking the lead on various intellectual property transactions and advising on litigation activities.
The Deputy General Counsel- Patents should have the following qualifications:
- 13+ years of legal experience serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or life sciences companies.
- Juris Doctor (JD) with current good standing of any State Bar and an advanced degree or PhD in the life science space.
- Previous management experience of other patent attorneys and/or agents.
- Registered to practice before the USPTO.
The firm offers a full benefits package including health, life, dental, and vision along with a competitive 401K plan, equity packages and more. They offer flexible working hours, paid holidays and time off. If you are interested in becoming a part of something truly inspiring, this is an opportunity that you should hear more about.