We have a current opportunity for a ESG Risk Lead on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Hong Kong. For further information about this position please apply.
- The ESR Team supports risk management strategy with the development and application (ESR) Policies. These policies cover environmental, social, biodiversity, health and safety and human rights standards and are applied across a wide spectrum of areas.
- Our client are seeking an individual to set up the ESR Team regional representation, concentrating on transactions, clients and portfolios in the region.
- You will advise during the local risk approval process on compliance with the group ESR Policies requirements.
- Analyze the client and transaction which in combination provides the overall ESR profile associated with the business engagement.
- You will support Deal Teams in providing mentorship to potential clients on the environmental and social risks review process which benchmarks the client's approach with industry standards and take into consideration international standards.
- You will support the business in liaising with clients and external consultants and communicate our ESR due diligence requirements, including analyzing reports, joining client calls.
- Proven ESR risk knowledge
- 5 to 10 years of experience in performing environmental due diligence or related activities;
- Experience reviewing Environmental and Social Impact Assessments across a range of sectors;
- Excellent command in English is necessary. Proficiency in Chinese andwould be a plus.
- Qualification obtained under HKMA's enhanced competency framework