- Interact with the traders across all trading desks, carrying out fundamental analysis, setting limts and challenging strategies.
- Develop and maintain engines for calculating VaR, CaR and PFE.
- Conduct an in-depth quantitative analysis across the risk and credit functions, ensuring the models and portfolios are performing as intended.
- Responsible for reviewing, analysing and understanding what drives day-to-day price volatility, P&L and position make-up.
- Report and Present findings from the portfolios under your responsibility to management and senior stakeholders within the business.
- A degree in Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics, or other science disciplines
- 2 years' experience working in a Front Office Risk or Trading position within a commodity trading house or Investment bank.
- A strong understanding of risk calculation methodologies for linear and non-linear instruments including: VaR, back-testing, portfolio stress testing, and sensitivity analysis
- Strong Coding and analytical skills in Python, R, VBA or SQL.
- Strong Knowledge of the Energy market (physical & financial) - Gas, Power or LNG
- Experience working with traders.
- Strong knowledge of Option Valuation - exotics
- Knowledge of trading instruments related to commodities - physical forwards, swaps, options, and other derivatives