We are currently representing a top leading client within the private bank industry in Luxembourg. Our client is operating in 40 countries and over 3,000 employees globally. With more than two decades in the industry, our client continues to provide the best service.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, law, or a related field. An advanced degree and professional certifications (e.g., CAMS, CFE, or similar) are highly preferred.
- Proven experience in AML/FC compliance in the financial sector, with at least 15 years of relevant experience, including several years in a leadership role.
- Thorough knowledge of Luxembourg's AML/FC regulations and international AML/FC best practices.
- Strong leadership and management skills with a focus on building and motivating high-performing teams.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages such as French or German is a plus.
- Develop and maintain the bank's AML/FC policies and procedures in line with Luxembourg's regulatory requirements and international standards.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the AML/FC team, fostering a culture of compliance and risk awareness.
- Monitor and assess the bank's compliance with AML/FC regulations, identifying and mitigating risks associated with money laundering, fraud, and other financial crimes.
- Stay updated on the latest AML/FC regulations and industry trends, and ensure the bank's practices remain in compliance with these changes.
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports as required, maintaining comprehensive documentation of AML/FC activities, investigations, and compliance efforts.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and design strategies to mitigate risks.
- Lead the investigation and reporting of any suspicious activities or transactions to relevant authorities.