A leading tier 1 bank is currently seeking a Head of Financial Crime to join their compliance function. Driving a top class approach to anti-financial crime efforts, the successful candidate will provide leadership and strategic vision to the department.
- Developing and driving strategic initiatives.
- Effectively communicate with key in business units such as; stakeholders Operations, Technology, Internal Audit, Risk Managers
- Work with operations and technology functions, as well as FCC teams globally, to identify and rectify operational inefficiencies focusing on adherence to regulatory guidelines and industry best practice.
- Coordinate preparation for regulatory visits and audits, both internal and external.
- Work with the EMEA and global FCC teams to implement annual plans and deliverables along with budgeting, forecasting and resource allocation.
- Coordinate and oversee the AML program across EMEA
- Provide accurate and timely MI and reports outlining the key risk indicators of AML processes, controls, and risk management;
- Assessment of financial crime processes and controls across 1LOD and 2LOD; and
- Assessment of the quality of work performed by teams across the region.
- University degree in Law, Finance, or equivalent field
- ACAMS and/or ICA certifications are a plus
- Minimum 8 years of relevant working experience in a similar role in banking; previous experience leading Financial Crime and AML teams is essential.
- Possess sound knowledge and hands-on experience of U.K. and E.U. regulations, including data privacy laws and AML/CFT requirements in the above industry. Comfortable with EU financial regulations like PSD2, AML4 and 5, GDPR Great communicator, able to explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Strong analytical, organizational, project management and leadership skills. Understanding of priorities and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to work constructively and flexibly in a team environment in the execution, tracking and management of a variety of tasks
- High-quality professional presentation skills, including excellent writing and public speaking capabilities
- Fluency in English is required; other EU languages are a plus
- High level of ethics; Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion
- Self-starter with the ability to flourish in high-pressure environments
- Autonomous and pragmatic with sound judgment