This role will be with one of the biggest players in the fintech industry and they are looking for an experienced and highly skilled Head of Information Security. As the Head of Information Security, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust and comprehensive information security program to protect the company's sensitive data, systems, and infrastructure.
- Develop and implement an information security strategy: Create a clear and effective information security strategy aligned with the company's goals and objectives. Ensure that the strategy addresses emerging threats, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain information security policies and procedures: Develop and enforce information security policies and procedures to protect company assets and data. Continuously monitor and update these policies to reflect changes in the threat landscape and technology advancements.
- Conduct risk assessments: Identify and assess potential information security risks, vulnerabilities, and threats to the organization. Conduct regular risk assessments and audits to evaluate the effectiveness of existing controls and recommend improvements.
- Design and implement security controls: Define and implement technical and administrative controls to protect the company's information assets. This includes access controls, encryption, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, and vulnerability management.
- Incident response and management: Develop and implement an incident response plan to effectively respond to and manage security incidents. Lead incident response efforts, investigate security breaches, and coordinate with internal teams and external stakeholders as necessary.
- Security awareness and training: Develop and deliver information security awareness and training programs for employees to promote a culture of security awareness and compliance throughout the organization.
- Stay updated on security trends: Keep abreast of the latest information security trends, threats, and technologies. Evaluate their applicability to the organization and make recommendations for implementing new security measures as needed.
- Compliance and regulatory requirements: Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, such as data protection laws, financial regulations, and industry standards (e.g., PCI-DSS). Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to address any information security-related legal or regulatory obligations.
- Vendor and third-party management: Assess the security posture of vendors and third-party service providers. Establish and maintain effective security controls and risk management processes for third-party relationships.
- Team leadership and management: Build and lead an information security team, providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to team members. Foster a collaborative and high-performing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field (advanced degree preferred)
- Relevant professional certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, or CISA
- Proven experience (X years) in information security, preferably in the fintech industry
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, standards, and best practices
- Experience in developing and implementing information security strategies and programs
- In-depth understanding of security technologies, including network security, encryption, identity and access management, and vulnerability management
- Familiarity with relevant regulations and standards, such as GDPR, PCI-DSS, and ISO 27001
- Excellent leadership and team management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
If you are a dynamic and results-driven information security professional with a passion for securing financial systems, we encourage you to apply for the position of Head of Information Security at our fintech company. .
Selby Jennings is a Trading Style of Phaidon International (License number 16S8194)