A top American Investment Bank is looking to build out a centralized risk management function which will sit in their Front Office Quantitative Analysis team. The front office team is changing the way they view risk appetite and market exposure, and is looking to hire an SME in Market Risk, Risk Analytics, and Scenario Design to build out and manage all risk methodology for the group. Previously, risk appetite and stress-testing was positioned in an independent function, however, the front office team believes that it will be more strategic to have risk management positioned in the front office so that they can be as close to the numbers as possible. In this role, you will be providing risk management desk support for the traders and helping them optimize their risk appetite.
This is a truly unique opportunity where you will be able to own and scale a new function from scratch. This position will begin by managing a team of five with additional growth in 2022. The bank is looking for a Director-level individual with strong quantitative skills and expert knowledge of risk analytics/stress-testing/scenario design for credit products.
- Develop, implement and own the methodologies for stress-testing, RWA, risk models, and processes for credit and XVA desks
- Lead all scenario design and stress-testing efforts
- Partner with the business and other quant teams to propose and drive new improvements to current/existing methodologies.
- Partner with trader to help on prioritization and direction
- Build analytics and liaise with specific asset class quant teams to enhance existing pricing models
- Oversee the development and management of in-house Python and C++ analytics libraries
- Assess risk/rewards of transactions when making business decisions
- 10+ years of experience in a quantitative capacity
- Experience with Risk Analytics, Scenario Design, and Risk Appetite
- Strong programming skills in Python
- Prior management experience
- Strong product knowledge of traded credit products
- PhD degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills