I am working with a major American Bank the businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
They are looking to fill a Head of US Consumer Bank ALM. This is a role that would report directly up to Americas Head of Balance Sheet Management on the Treasury Management team. The Asset and Liability Management ('ALM') team is responsible for identifying, managing, and measuring all interest rate risk in the Banking Book ('IRRBB') working closely with stakeholders across the business, risk, finance and Quantitative Analytics teams to identify, model and quantify all material interest rate exposures in banking books across the Group.
The team also plays a key role in ensuring that stakeholders understand the underlying drivers of the bank's NII and how this is impacted by changes in customer behavior, pricing and the wider rate environment.
- Makes sure that all Interest Rate Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB) across the businesses, including the US Credit Card & Loan business, US Savings Business and Treasury, is appropriately captured, measured and managed
- Setting & driving strategy for managing and ensuring prudential & internal requirements are met
- Determine appropriate hedging strategies within risk appetite, including evaluation of alternative strategies and assessment of outcomes across a range of market and behavioural scenarios
- Work with the Business and Quantitative Analytics teams to ensure accurate and appropriate modelling of customer behavior through the changing interest rate environment, in order to hedge the balance sheet accordingly
- Drive approval processes for hedging through appropriate channels and provide interface between execution function, businesses, and risk and control function
- Maintain up to date picture of main market and economic developments impacting customer behavior and future earnings profile of the firm's banking books, ensuring the ALM management frameworks programs remain current.
- 6+ years of experience
- A strong knowledge of Asset Liability management or Treasury Risk Management
- Strong Communication skills
- Good management skills