A multi-billion dollar hedge fund is hiring a Risk Analyst to join their lean team in NYC. This individual will work directly with the CRO and Portfolio Managers to cover multiple niche strategies focusing on convertible bond and volatility trading strategies.
The firm is looking for someone with strong risk management and analytical skills, but this hire does NOT need prior expertise covering convertible bonds. Convertible issuance has increased exponentially over the past few years, and this is a golden opportunity for a junior risk analyst to learn one of the most popular products on the buy side at a fund with a 20+ year track record.
Since it is a lean team, this risk hire will participate in Risk and Investment Committee meetings with the CRO, PMs, and Research Analysts. This is an opportunity to provide actionable insight and investment advice to front office teams, and in turn, maximize risk adjusted returns for the fund.
- 1-4 years of risk management/quant analysis on the buy or sell side
- BA/BS in Finance or another quantitative discipline
- Transferable Skills: Option Greeks/Convertible Greeks analysis, VaR calculations, performance attribution
- Strong Excel/VBA skills and experience with Tableau; Python/SQL experience is a plus
- CFA I or FRM certification