As Legal Counsel "Regulatory & Compliance" you will play a crucial role for a well-established Asset Management Company from day one and drive all regulatory and compliance related issues. You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the management of the Company, in terms of keeping the management apprised of legal and regulatory updates that will affect the business;
- In addition, you will be reporting to the CEO and the Representative Director Internal Control of the Company and functional lead at the HQ
- You will be given dual responsibility in compliance function and serving as Internal Control Manager for financial advisory (M&A) activities
- You will be supporting both secondary securities sales and investment banking team
- You have 3-8 years of professional experience in regulatory law with a Capital Market or Asset Management background
- You are fluent in native Japanese and English (Mandarin would be a plus)
- Strong analytic and evaluative skills
- You can quickly grasp complex (regulatory) legal issues and transactions and take a leading role in supporting them.
The successful candidate may have the opportunity to be seconded to Hong Kong Office in the first year!