As Lead Analyst, you will be the most Senior Quant in the newly developed data & Analytics team for one of the world's largest trading houses.
- Design decision-making solutions and build tools globally relating to fundamental and non-fundamental influences on commodity markets.
- Lead the discovery and prototyping of new quantitative tools and strategies.
- Develop scalable machine learning components to generalize models to other data sources, commodities, or products and maintain advanced statistical ensemble systems.
- Benchmark, backtest, and stress-test models to identify true sensitivities and risks.
- Maintain and enhance code repository and model infrastructure in a scalable fashion.
- Provide advisory to trading desks on the model's correct usage and conclusions and improvement opportunities.
- Conduct the most complex market analyses and provide advisory to the trading team to adjust their positions as appropriate.
- Provide expert thought leadership in your field and work with limited direction, using additional research and interpretation to identify issues or problems. You may provide direction to supporting team members and be a strategic contributor.
- Bachelor's degree in science/math/engineering/operations research/quant finance
- Minimum of six years of related work experience
- Experience building advanced statistical methods
- Knowledge of Machine Learning applications
- Fluent in English
- PhD/MS in science/ math/ engineering/ operations research/ quant finance
- Experience in a software development environment and code management
- Solid programming experience, preferably with Python
- Experience in alternative data in agriculture, energy, commodities