Reporting to: General Counsel
Location: Dublin, Ireland
We have been engaged by a global insurance company to assist with their search for a legal counsel in Dublin. This person will provide transactional support to the mortgage underwriting teams as well as handling compliance guidelines and protocols.
* Management and oversight of transactional matters, liaising with all business units.
* Provide the legal analysis and expertise required to support the development of products and to support credit protection of new underwriting asset classes.
* Local responsibility for ensuring compliance with internal tax operating guidelines. Assist with the planning of legal and regulatory strategies and recommend appropriate in-house actions for compliance.
* Designated first responder for Dublin based mortgage team, including legal review of all transaction documents, non-disclosure agreements and on-site legal support
* Mortgage liaison for Dublin/EU compliance efforts
* Juris Doctor degree
* 5+ years of legal practice, including experience with a transactional focus or prior experience in the insurance industry
* Working knowledge of EU insurance regulatory framework
* Effective interpersonal and communication skills and strong written and verbal skills
* Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
* Fluent written and spoken English required, fluency in French is a strong advantage
* Excellent attention to detail and investigative skills.
* General understanding of European SRT market; lending and mortgage insurance industry as a whole preferred.