- Provide legal support, review and advise on all types of investment banking transactions including IPOs (mainly HK plus US), ECM transactions (placements), DCM transactions, M&A advisory (including public and private M&As), and equity-linked product transactions (private equity investments);
- Work closely with external legal counsels to prepare, review and advise on various types of contracts, including but not limited to NDAs, mandate/engagement letters, various transactions documents such as underwriting/subscription agreements, investment agreements and legal opinions, and maintain in-house templates of key legal documents;
- Work with business teams to design and discuss the structure and terms of various financial products and transactions and participate in deal negotiation when necessary;
- Provide legal advice to line managers and firm management on various legal matters with regard to the business and daily operation of the company;
- Conduct legal research and training to update and advise business unit on legal issues and regulatory matters;
- Deal with legal and regulatory proceedings, handle internal group projects and maintain internal policies & procedures to manage legal risk.
- Qualified lawyer with 3-5 years of substantial working experience in handling capital markets transactions in Hong Kong and/or US, UK, mainland PRC markets;
- Degree holder in law, preferable obtained from law school in Hong Kong and/or US, UK, mainland PRC;
- Qualified in Hong Kong and/or US, UK, mainland PRC preferably;
- Good knowledge in capital markets, securities regulations (such as the SFO, HKEx listing rules and SFC Code of Conduct) and basic understanding of US securities laws;
- Experiences in compliance with SFC/HKEX rules and regulations would be a plus;
- Self-motivated professional, diligent, detail oriented with good business sense;
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills at all levels;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Putonghua);
- Able to review and draft documents/agreements in Chinese is a must.