An extremely active Private Equity firm is seeking a Private Equity Associate to join their team. The firm focuses in growth equity investments and places a heavy emphasis on adding operational value to the companies they invest in. Many individuals within the firm come from a background of entrepreneurship. The Private Equity Associate will be a critical member of the team, being hands-on with all aspects of the investment process from market research and sourcing through to deal execution. This role offers the opportunity to grow within the firm and learn from seasoned investment professionals & ex-founders.
The Private Equity Associate will be responsible for:
- Conducting regular market research to assist with further investment strategy development
- Sourcing prospective investments
- Building and owning financial models to evaluate new investment opportunites as well as existing investments
- Coordinating directly with third parties to manage the diligence process
- Working closely with portfolio companies to evaluate growth plans and strategic acquisition opportunities
The Private Equity Associate should have the following qualifications:
- Either two years of investment banking experience performing M&A with a reputable middle market investment bank, two years of experience consulting in the technology / software space, OR experience as an ex-founder / operator in the technology / software space.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficiency in Excel
- Previous experience or interest in sectors such as business services, technology, and software