A top-tier American Investment Bank is looking to hire an Associate to their Valuations and Pricing group covering Private Equity and Alternatives. The Valuations and Analytics group supports business lines across the organization, including the Corporate & Investment Bank (Macro Products, Credit, Sec Prod., Equities), Chief Investment Office, Treasury, Asset Management, and Commercial Banking. Additionally, this group works closely with the Traders, CFOs, Market Risk and Operations, so this team offers broad exposure across the bank. The group is organized along business lines including IB, Credit, Rates, Equities, Emerging Markets, Securitized Products, Principal Investments, FX, Commodities, and Alternatives, and is responsible for reviewing loaded trades, PnL analysis, approval of new products, independent pricing, and model releases.
The bank is looking to hire a candidate with ~3+ years of experience, exposure to PE or Alternative Investments Valuations, and the ability to develop relationships with traders. The bank is highly motivated to hire and will be further building out the team for the next six months.
- Execute price verification/benchmark process including the calculation of fair value adjustments
- Perform valuations of Private Equity portfolio companies covering various industries (Financials, Markets, Renewable Energy, TMT, etc).
- Be responsible for preparing and maintaining portfolio company valuations using techniques including DCF modeling, comparable company multiples, and comparable company transactions
- Create models for efficient loan level valuation of loan portfolios
- Partner with Global Valuations, Front Office, Market Technology, and Market Risk to enhance pricing verification methods
- Enhance existing control framework including reviewing independent pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments, and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Research, develop, and implement existing and emerging market data sources into pricing verification processes with a focus on fair value and understanding valuation uncertainty
- Calculate and maintain various fund and investment related performance metrics on a regular basis
- BA/BS degree at a minimum - Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.
- 2+ years of experience minimum in Valuations or Product Control
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to model cashflows
- Ability to interact with traders/front office