Specific responsibilities span from utilizing financial data in the hopes of forming and optimizing predictive models, implementing and bolstering cutting-edge statistical and machine-learning models to develop and enhance trading systems, and forming algorithms to monetize the indicating signals.
- Advanced degree in finance, economics, mathematics, computer science, physics, statistics, and related fields.
- Strong statistical and analytic ability; high quality problem-solving and modelling ability
- Proven ability to accomplish high level statistical or applied mathematical research
- Experience in a quantitative research role with a focus on strategy optimization and alpha capture
- Track-record of solving high level, data driven problems
- Programming proficiency in any of the following: C++, Java, or Python
- Solid research methodology
- Self-starter that operates with a high level of productivity, acting with a strong sense of self
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent discipline with attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate with various roles
- Willing to take complete responsibility for their work, including both independent and small team
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic approach with the hopes of building something from the ground-up