A Top American Investment Bank in the NY area is hiring a VP-level Quantitative Developer to cover hands-on model development for independent price verification models, stress testing models, and capital models.
The hire will join a lean team looking to expand their growth and bring on an experienced model developer that will receive broad exposure across asset classes and modeling across derivatives, private equity, and illiquid cash products. The candidate will cover the entirety of the modeling life cycle, be given the opportunity to provide leadership to junior members of the team, and work closely with the traders and trade floor!
The firm is ideally looking for candidates with 4+ years of hands-on model development experience, strong quantitative backgrounds, programming skills in Python, C++, etc., and the ability to communicate effectively with the traders and senior management.
- Hands-on development of price verification, stress testing, and capital models with economic and statistical properties relating to underlying market risk factors
- Cover ongoing testing and support of existing models, and analysis of the quality of data input to the models
- Documentation and quality control of all models
- Providing guidance and leadership to junior developers on the team
- 4+ years of model development experience
- PhD or Master's degree in a quantitative field
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with traders and senior management