A leading American Investment Bank is looking to hire an experienced candidate to help develop the bank's scenario analysis and stress-testing capabilities for their new Climate Risk function. This is an important hire for the bank, as this individual will be focused on the development and implementation of scenario analysis and stress-testing to assess the potential impacts of Physical Risk and Transition Risk across portfolios. This individual will report directly to the Head of Climate Risk and will work closely with the MD, Head of Quantitative Stress-Testing.
Considering that this is a new space, the bank is looking for candidates with strong scenario design/modeling and stress-testing exposure, and will be comfortable with a learning curve on the Climate/ESG side. The firm is ideally looking to network with candidates who are leading stress-tests from end to end at an international bank, or senior-level candidates from the Big4s who have worked on scenario design/stress-testing projects with a big bank. This role will begin as an individual contributor, but the team is poised for significant growth in the short and long term.
- Work closely with senior-leaders to build out Climate Risk scenario analysis and stress-testing capabilities
- Assess emerging climate risk scenarios, climate stress testing industry practices and supervisory expectations to develop a roadmap for establishing in-house capabilities
- Work with the broader Quantitative Risk and Stress-Testing team to develop climate scenarios and translate climate risk scenarios to macroeconomic and market variables needed for stress-testing
- Work with the model risk team to ensure adherence to model risk policy requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise in macroeconomic scenario quantification and narrative development
- Support the risk identification framework through designing relevant sensitivity analysis
- 8+ years of experience within financial services
- Experience with enterprise-level stress testing
- Experience with scenario development and scenario expansion modeling
- Familiarity with increasing regulatory expectations facing the banks
- Experience managing external consultants
- Proven experience being a key point person for senior-level stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills