We are currently working with a established trading house who is seeking a Senior Base Metals Trader to join their team. The incumbent will be responsible for building out the desk and developing the business as part of their expansion initiatives.
Location: Singapore / Shanghai
The candidate should have good specific knowledge of the non-ferrous metals market and should have some key experience in the following:
- Conduct day-to-day physical trading activities but not limited to:
- Close monitoring and tracking of the Non-Ferrous market in South East Asia and APAC
- Maximising the commercial value and profitability of each transaction
- Drafting and negotiating both spot and long-term contract terms & conditions
- Hedge daily price and spread risk
- Business Development - create new markets for the company and increase regional market share / annual sales volume
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline
- At least 6-8 years of experience in Base Metals trading experience
- Wide network of existing suppliers and clients that you can port over
- Fluency in English and Mandarin as you will be dealing with the Chinese market
Candidates applying for the role should be entrepreneurial in nature, hardworking, and initiative driven.
If you are interested in this position, please send an application through for consideration*.
*I regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified