Senior Data Engineer | AWS, Equities, Fixed Income | Elite Hedge Fund in Boston
One of Boston's top Hedge Funds ($100+ Billion AUM) is a lean, reclusive firm that has quietly been generating more revenue per head than almost any other firm in the industry. They have a rare opportunity for a strong Senior Data Engineer to join the firm, as they begin building out a new cloud team to redefine the scope and performance of their data processing systems. This team will work in a greenfield environment, designing brand new cloud native solutions and migrating data to AWS.
In this role, you will design and build cloud-native data pipelines, lakes, and warehouses to massively increase the scale of data that the quantitative research and trading teams are able to leverage. This team has already identified streaming, serverless, and AWS technologies to build initial POCs, but you will have an opportunity to shape the roadmap for additional cutting-edge solutions. This team will support a multi-asset class strategy with a particular focus on fixed income and equities.
Define the future of high-performance trading systems:
- Leverage streaming, serverless, and AWS technologies to build a next-gen data platform from scratch
- Help lead a massive data migration to AWS
- Gain valuable expertise on investment strategies and multi-asset class trading by working directly with quantitative researchers and portfolio mangers
- BS or equivalent degree
- 4+ years of hands-on software development or data engineering experience
- Expertise with Python, SQL/NoSQL and Spark or Hadoop
- Exposure to a major AWS offering (Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, Glue, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch Service, Redshift, Athena, QuickSight, etc.)
- Experience working in Financial Services, ideally supporting performance sensitive fixed income or equities trading
- Extremely competitive employee benefits program, 401K, and compensation package
- One of the best-rated work cultures and work/life balances in the business
- Casual dress, collaborative teams, and work from home flexibility