As an Audit Manager, you are together with quantitative model experts, globally responsible for performing audits and audit strategies on model-related matters, and thereby adding value to the organisation. Awareness of model risk management, as well as a strong understanding of internal audit processes and the regulatory risk environment, are key. You are involved in multiple (complex) audits at the same time and deliver key messages to auditees and senior management. In addition, stakeholder interaction and continuous learning is crucial to stay ahead. If required, you also act as Audit Lead.
You assist the audit team in applying well-known validation and test techniques for both regulatory (e.g. AIRB, VaR/Expected Shortfall) and non-regulatory models (e.g. credit decision, pricing/valuation, IFRS, machine learning). Your main counterparts within the organization are working in model risk management, model development, model validation, model measurement, and analytics departments. You will challenge them towards developing industry best practices and new modelling techniques.
- have an academic degree and are in the possession of a certification in Internal Control / Administrative Organisation (RA/RO, ACCA, CPA, CIA)
- have an affinity with either Credit Risk or Marlet risk
- are keen in exploring many aspects of financial modelling.
- have managed teams, either directly or indirectly, and can influence, and support a team.
- have (international) experience in complex organisations, a bird's eye view and knowledge of the business, risks, and associated controls.
- have (preferably) more than 8 years of relevant work experience in audit within a major bank, financial institution or consultancy firm.
- have a proficient understanding of internal audit processes, including identifying and evaluating key risks and process controls, setting an audit scope and developing audit testing.
- are persuasive; being able to 'get people on board' and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders.
- have proven communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to get buy-in from senior and executive stakeholders.
- are organisationally sensitive and effective in conflict management.