An international energy business is rapidly expanding their trading, origination and analytical capabilities. They are currently looking for passionate individuals who demonstrate innovative and analytical thinking, intellectual rigor, with strong drive and desire to lead change in their business. This opportunity is for an experienced Senior Quantitative Analyst to join their LNG Optimisation and Trading team, to be based in Singapore. You will provide quantitative analysis, derivatives expertise, structuring and asset valuation, statistical modelling and opportunity identification to support commercial, trading activities and studies.
- Provide quantitative analyses to the LNG Trading and Optimisation team
- Leverage detailed market understanding to develop and recommend profitable trading and hedging strategies
- Develop LNG Portfolio modelling and valuation, risk management and extrinsic value capture
- Conduct financial, commercial and statistical analysis for projects, and support market-based asset valuation studies
- Drive trading and project value-add in all interactions across the role's wide portfolio in trading, commercial and business development
- Remain knowledgeable about leading-edge developments, analytical techniques, technologies and tools in quantitative analytics
- Mentor junior analysts on portfolio analytics
The ideal candidate
- Strong experience in energy or commodity trading, financial or energy risk management.
- Skills in data modelling and proficiency in R, Python or Matlab
- Experience of quantitative financial analysis and ability to apply to a wide range of scenarios across different businesses
- Experience and understanding of derivatives and of energy risk management techniques, and their application to commodity trading
- Commercial experience in a LNG portfolio business environment and/or LNG trading would be a plus