Job Purpose and Impact
The Trading Data and Analytics group is focused on bringing innovation, global integration, and cross-organization collaboration to the group's trading data and analytics landscape. The team seeks to tap into the potential of the business's vast data supply, applying new models and globally integrated perspectives to generate strategic insights that will promote the group's competitive position and ultimately grow trading earnings.
- Design decision-making solutions and build tools globally relating to fundamental and non-fundamental influences on commodity markets.
- Lead the discovery and prototyping of new quantitative tools and strategies.
- Develop scalable machine learning components to generalize models to other data sources, commodities, or products and maintain advanced statistical ensemble systems.
- Benchmark, backtest, and stress-test models to identify true sensitivities and risks.
- Maintain and enhance code repository and models infrastructure in a scalable fashion.
- Coordinate with the trading desks on the model's correct usage to validate conclusions and improvement opportunities.
- Conduct complex market analyses and advise the trading team to adjust their positions as appropriate.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in science/math/engineering/operations research/quant finance
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience with advanced statistical methods
- Knowledge of machine learning applications
- Fluent in English
- MSc in science/ math/ engineering/ operations research/ quant finance
- Experience with good practice software development and engineering methods, preferably using Python
- Comfortable in general with concepts in applied mathematics
- Experience in alternative data in agriculture, energy, commodities