- Possess 5-7 years of professional experience in software engineering, with a specific emphasis on quantitative applications.
- Demonstrate expert proficiency in Python and Pandas, coupled with a high level of competence in related scientific libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, statsmodels, and scikit-learn.
- Showcase hands-on experience in developing mission-critical production systems, incorporating a deep understanding of best practices for testing, monitoring, and deployment.
- Exhibit proficiency on Linux platforms and a solid grasp of Git.
- Possess a working knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies, such as MS SQL, Postgres, or MongoDB.
- Illustrate a proven track record of working with large data sets, both structured and unstructured.
- Bring experience in quantitative software development within a front-office setting, such as a hedge fund, proprietary trading firm, or investment bank.
- Show aptitude for mentoring junior team members and effectively managing projects.
- Display proficiency in building web applications using modern frameworks like React.
- Demonstrate familiarity with distributed computing technologies like Spark, Dask, Kubernetes, and Redis.
- Exhibit knowledge of modern data engineering practices, including data pipeline & ETL tools, distributed storage & processing, and data warehousing.
- Possess a strong understanding of financial markets and instruments.
- Have experience working with financial market data.
- Show proficiency in relevant mathematical domains, such as statistics and time-series analysis.
- Hold a strong academic record with a degree rich in mathematical and computing content (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or Physics).
- Demonstrate intellectual robustness with a keenly analytic approach to problem-solving.
- Be self-organized, showcasing the ability to manage time effectively across multiple projects and amidst competing business demands and priorities.
- Be dedicated to delivering value to the business, with an unwavering commitment to process improvement.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, enabling you to establish and maintain close working relationships with quantitative researchers, portfolio managers, traders, and senior business professionals.
- Be a confident communicator, capable of articulating points concisely and positively dealing with conflicting views.