Software Engineer | Hybrid | Austin, Texas
A rapidly expanding global investment firm is undergoing a significant technological modernization transition as they migrate to the cloud.
Selby Jennings has partnered with them in the search to add talented engineers to their growing team, where they are building a cloud native AWS stack from scratch in an effort to automate complex business processes across the entire firm. This team is excited about infrastructure as code, automation, testing and shipping code.
About the product and tech stack:
- Automating complex Expense and Accounting workflows to streamline work for our internal users
- Python / AWS Lambda centric with an eye toward containerization
- GitHub Actions for CI/CD
- Cloud formation and CDK for Infrastructure as Code
In this role, you will work within an agile team in a start-up-like environment to design and develop software components and systems utilizing tools like GitHub, Jira, Docker, Snowflake, Postgres, and AWS.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development (note: internships are not applicable - this is NOT an entry-level position)
- Degree in Computer Science
- Proficiency in Python and AWS
- Enthusiasm for CI/CD and shipping robust and scalable code
*Professional financial or start-up experience preferred*