Disruptive FinTech | Senior Staff Software Engineer
Selby Jennings is partnered with a disruptive prime brokerage firm bridging the gap between traditional and digital assets. They aren't building something that's never been built before, but what they are doing is building a more modern version by using AWS, terraform, etc.
An example is Square, which took the idea of payments, implemented better technology for a payment product, made it easier for consumers to use, and was able to attract thousands/millions of new customers. With those new customers, they were able to offer other new features of the Square product so that their consumers/clients would use Square as a one-stop shop, which is exactly what our client is trying to be for capital market firms.
- Connectivity to help them ingest market data and trading activity
- Data pipelines to allow easy analysis of this data
- Real-time risk monitoring systems
- Systems to move large amounts of money automatically
- Infrastructure to secure large amounts of cryptocurrency
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering at a prominent technology firm
- Experience with Python, Scala, or Java and AWS
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or relevant degree
Nice to haves
- Experience integrating with 3rd-party APIs
- Experience with money movement and accounting systems
- Experience with standard tooling for big data (much larger than a laptop, much smaller than Google)
This role will be filled quickly, apply today!