I am working with a multibillion-dollar systematic quant hedge fund that is looking to build out their alpha research and portfolio construction team. The fund focuses on trading in global futures and FX markets and the role will entail full life cycle strategy development of short- to long-term systematic strategies. The position will report directly to the Managing Principal and Head of Research and the role will entail driving their alpha research agenda, while also managing carve out capital from their main portfolio.
- Researching, designing, and implementing orthogonal trading strategies across global futures and FX.
- Building portfolio construction models for the funds multi-billion dollar flagship portfolio
- Working with large datasets (market data and alternative data) to generate trading signals
- Minimum MS degree, Ph.D. preferred in a quant discipline (Finance, Economics, Math, CS, Physics, etc.)
- Experience with generating alpha, preferably across Global Futures and FX markets
- Proficiency with Python, Java, or C++