An global hedge fund is looking to add a Staff Software Engineer to its experienced team of elite technologists. This team is a small group of exceptional engineers who partner with difference areas across the firm to address their most pressing challenges. Scalable infrastructure, massive data sets, low-latency computing-the solutions and systems they build are essential to generating revenue and keeping the firm at the front of the financial pack.
Members of this team are the best of the best. They have a proven track record of exceeding the bar, they are driven by solving the seemingly unsolvable, and they aren't afraid to tear down and rebuild systems and infrastructure. In return, they get senior-level exposure, mentorship by some of the best engineers in the industry, and the opportunity to sign their name to massive accomplishments and wins across the firm's technology organization.
- 7-12 years of solid, hands-on engineering experience; demonstrated track record of creative thinking, exceeding the bar, and delivering exceptional results
- Expert-level coding skills in at least one of the following languages: C++, Java, Python
- Superlative problem solving skills and an innate ability to break complex technical problems into actionable items
- Collaborative and consultative approach to execution; willingness to drop in, deliver exceptional solutions, and move on to the next challenge
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Team members should be comfortable interacting with and delivering findings to senior stakeholders
- Advanced degree from a top 25 academic institution