An industry-leading consumer bank is seeking an analytically-driven individual to spearhead credit risk strategy for their unsecured-lending portfolios, which consist of co-brand and private label credit cards, personal loans, and overdraft. The individual will be joining the credit strategy team, which sits in the first line of defense and focuses specifically on strategy development and implementation. For this position, this individual will act as a product owner for all account management strategies, including CLI, CLD, Balance Transfer, etc.
The bank tends to run lean, so you will begin with a team of four direct reports. Two of these individuals are junior credit risk analysts, and the other two operate as data scientists.
- Own the credit line increase, credit line decrease, balance transfer, spend campaign, retention and re-issue strategies.
- Work closely with the Data Science team to design models that address credit risk
- Conduct data analysis, data insight generation, trend identification, and data visualization to help understand credit risk drivers for unsecured consumer lending assets
- Leverage data learning to propose credit risk experiments for the credit card portfolio
- Serve as an SME for all aspects of the credit card business - acquisitions, strategy, portfolio management, and originations.
- Deep knowledge of retail banking or consumer lending
- 7+ years of experience in risk analytics or credit card strategy
- Advanced Degree in a technical field
- Familiarity with Big Data, Data Analysis, Trend Identification, and Data Visualization
- Ability to effectively communicate across business lines and present findings to senior management