An industry-leading consumer bank is looking to build out its Loss Forecasting - Portfolio Risk Analytics team covering both secured and unsecured consumer portfolios. The bank is currently a top-10 issuer of credit cards and also offers auto loans, personal loans, installment loans, home equity loans, and mortgages. This is a growing team, so this hire will be imperative to the bank's sustained success and simultaneous growth. This role will report directly to the Director of Portfolio Risk Analytics and you will be accountable for mentoring and guiding the junior members of the team.
The bank is ideally looking for someone with 6+ years of experience who is an SME when it comes to interpreting and utilizing the outputs from the loss forecasting models. They are not looking for a modeler, but someone who can transform the outputs from these models into strategic analytics for the strategy and finance teams.
- Responsible for managing model risk of loss forecasting models for all consumer lending products, including secured and unsecured cards, auto, mortgage, home equity, etc.
- Leverage product expertise to effectively challenge the credit loss assumptions for stress-case scenarios, which will be utilized in credit policy development processes for account acquisitions and account management
- Conduct validation or portfolio and vintage level loan performance compared to projections
- Apply predictive models to develop segmentation and targeting for acquisitions and portfolio strategies to provide insight into portfolio risk
- Establish requirements for data maintanence and management
- 5 + years of experience in financial modeling, loss forecasting or business analytics
- 7 + years of experience within risk management, data science, predicitive modeling, loss forecasting, or similar functions
- Advanced degree in an analytical or quantitative field
- Experience in retail credit risk analytics
- Experience with statistical techniques including segmentation, decision trees, etc.
- Proficiency with SAS and SQL