Position: Trading Solutions Developer
Company: $5B AUM Hedge Fund
Salary on Application
Our client is an established, technology-driven investment advisor. The firm has approximately 300 employees, with nine core offices, and manages approximately $5 billion of investor capital.
They were founded in 2005, initially to manage an electronic and floor-based options market making operation. They now have two core multi-strategy hedge funds, the Opportunities Fund and Investments Fund, and deploy strategies spanning Options & Volatility, Equity Long/Short, Quant Equities, Quant Macro, Discretionary Macro & Fixed Income, and Tactical Strategies (ECM, Converts, Index Rebalancing, and other Event Driven Strategies).
Trading Solutions Developer
As a Trading Solutions Developer, you will drive the development of a high-tech trading platform that supports strategies spanning Options & Volatility, Equity Long/Short, Quant Equities, Quant Macro, Fixed Income, and Tactical Strategies. This role provides the opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to play a pivotal role in the strategic development of trading solutions designed to enhance the firm's long-term flexibility and success.
- Work with CTO and other central teams to design technical solutions that address firm-wide needs across trading, strategy execution, quantitative research, operations, risk, and compliance
- Work with investment teams to develop new automated trading strategies using proprietary trading systems
- Support onboarding of new business initiatives to ensure the existence of proper system support or prioritisation of new projects to add necessary support
- Monitor and provide analytics on the performance of proprietary high-frequency trading systems
- Interface between PMs and Tech to translate investment needs into actionable technical projects
- Oversee the implementation of technical projects
- Assist in the onboarding of new PMs to ensure their fluency within the proprietary systems
- Train new hires across business units on internal systems and workflows
- Degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Mathematics, or other technical and analytically driven fields
- Interest in finance, trading, and financial markets a plus
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, R, SQL, or other comparable languages
- Willingness to take ownership and accountability with a control-conscious and risk-aware mindset
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Strong problem-solving skills, work ethic, and resilience
- Ability to prioritise in a fast-paced, high-pressure, dynamic environment
Apply now for immediate consideration and a confidential chat!