An industry-leading, bulge-bracket investment bank is looking to hire a VP-level Credit Risk Manager to join their Hedge Funds Credit Risk team based in Dallas, TX. The bank has been making an effort to further build out their footprint in the Dallas market and will be looking to build around the individual that moves into this seat.
The Hedge Fund Credit Risk team is accountable for managing all exposure to North America-based Hedge Funds engaging across the spectrum of investment strategies. This individual will serve as the primary Credit Officer for these specific credit relationships, and will be tasked with defining credit risk appetite for client lending and trading activity. They are ideally looking for an experienced candidate, who is comfortable acting as a key point person for senior stake holders and mentoring/guiding the junior members of the team.
- Review and approve trading activity, including recommending margin requirements as well as structural enhancements
- Perform due diligence and financial analysis and summarize in credit approval memos
- Set and communicate credit exposure appetite across trading products utilizing internal exposure methodologies
- Oversee legal negotiations for traded products
- Be a key point of contact for Sales and Trading, Prime Brokerage, Investor Management, Treasury, Leveraged Finance, etc.
- Assess creditworthiness of clients and assign credit ratings
- Mentor and guide junior members of the team
- 5-10 years of credit risk experience at an Investment Bank
- Credit Risk experience is required
- Knowledge of Hedge Fund and Asset Management industries required
- Strong interest in client interaction
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Proficiency with Excel and Powerpoint