Join us as a Branch Treasury Risk Manager for
- This is a fantastic new opportunity for a Treasury Manager to take on a new career challenge in the branch of a Large International bank based in Germany
- You'll have the chance to build a wide network of stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority across our international locations (London, Edinburgh, Manchester, India)
- We're going through an exciting time of development and growth, and we're looking for talented and motivated people to join us on this journey and help us shape the future of our business.
- Put your existing treasury skills to the test in this Vice President level role and take advantage of our numerous development opportunities
- You'll need to be fluent in both German and English to take on this role
What you'll do
Our branch in Germany is fundamental to our business strategy as it is responsible for the processing and settling of Euro payments on behalf of the Group.
You'll support the management of capital, liquidity, and interest rate risks in line with Group policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain an effective risk management framework that ensures compliance with regulatory requirements
- Provide forecast capital and funding plans under base and stress projections
- Develop analytical insight into key trends impacting the organization's liquidity and capital position and advise on appropriate actions and escalate movements as required
- Manage one or more business models, delivering a view of interest rate exposure for both internal and external stakeholders covering regulatory requirements and internal management specifications
- Contribute to the delivery of key regulatory processes, including the ICAAP, ILAAP, and recovery planning
- Support the agendas of, and deliver relevant management information to, the Banks German Branch's Asset & Liability Management Committee
The skills you'll need
You'll need a professional accounting, treasury, or other finance or risk qualification, as well as post-qualification experience in the Treasury or Risk function of a financial institution, or with a financial regulator.
You should also have knowledge of the regulatory and business aspects in capital management, liquidity, and funding, non-traded market risk, or recovery planning.
You'll also need:
- To speak, write and read fluently in both German and English
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience using an interest rate risk modeling tool
- Experience of managing relationships across a wide range of stakeholders
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of relevant German legal policies, regulatory and statutory obligations, and risk management