A top tier credit-focused Hedge Fund in Manhattan in looking to hire a Vice President to their Risk and Valuations Group to lead valuations efforts for their illiquid assets within the firm's credit portfolios. This role will report directly to the Managing Director - Head of Valuations, and you will be joining a growing teams that is important to both the portfolio management and control oversight functions at the fund. This position specifically will be focused on developing and implementing processes and procedures for complex valuations across the firm's alternative investment platform.
The fund is looking for an up and coming candidate with ~8+ years of experience in Valuations or Product Control. The right candidate should be able to independently assess valuation processes, build and test valuation models, and build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the day-to-day valuation process for illiquid investments (MBS, CMBS, etc.)
- Coordinate the process by which the firm selects external service providers for independent valuation services
- Act as a strategic liaison between the firm's external service providers and various front office groups that oversee the relevant investments
- Review both front office and third party valuation models by developing and maintaining processes to challenge and stress test valuation inputs and assumptions
- Lead quarterly reporting for the Valuation Committee
- Provide subject matter expertise on valuation policies, processes, controls and reporting
- 8+ years of experience in Valuations or Product Control - experience working at a Big4 consulting firm is highly preferred
- Strong academic background
- CPA or CFA is a plus but not required
- Strong proficiency with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills