We are seeking an experienced Associate Actuary I in Springfield, MO. In this position, you will lead a team within our personal lines pricing group. Your additional responsibilities may include improving the processes used to perform and communicate complex actuarial analyses such as actuarial exhibits, pricing, loss reserving, financial planning, modeling, other data analyses, and should be able to train less experienced actuarial analysts.
What You'll Do
- Applies fundamental actuarial principles in analyzing company and industry data to prepare actuarial analyses in accordance with the "CAS code of Professional Conduct" and the Actuarial Standards of Practice.
- Prepares and presents summaries of actuarial analyses for distribution to home office and field management, other American National departments, consultants, reinsurers, and regulators.
- Completes processes to perform and document actuarial analyses promptly and accurately.
- Trains less experienced analysts with spreadsheets, databases, and sources of data used in actuarial analyses.
- Prepares for and progresses in the CAS examinations through on-the-job and home study.
- A bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, economics, or a related field with a strong mathematical background is required.
- The ability to demonstrate sufficient progress in understanding and applying basic actuarial principles is required.
- At least five years of actuarial analysis experience.
- ACAS, FCAS or near designation
- 10 years of personal lines pricing experience
- 5 years of team lead, supervisory or managerial experience