An Industry leading investment bank in the Houston area is looking to hire associates for their commodities team.
Candidates should have a proven track record conducting credit due diligence, portfolio management, and credit approval exposure. As one of the industry leaders in the commodities space, this role would provide solid job stability in a fast-paced environment while being seated in a growing financial hub.
- Maintain and manage a portfolio of credit exposures for the bank's North American clients
- Develop a dynamic, forward-looking risk assessment of client companies, transactions, competitive threats, industry and other factors
- Identify the key risk factors associated with clients, transactions, and industry sub-sectors across an assigned portfolio
- Underwrite, structure and negotiate transactions for the portfolio
- Provide recommendations for credit enhancement and deal structuring
- Assess the creditworthiness of the bank's counterparties and provide risk ratings accordingly
- Use financial models to incorporate the impact of forward-looking risk assessment on key value drivers
- 2-4 years of commercial lending or credit risk experience (experience working with energy and power industry clients is preferred)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication due to client facing exposure
- Superior credit, lending, negotiation, loan documentation, and financial modeling skills
- Working proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, word, etc.