A Fortune 500 Power and Renewables firm with 11 billion in revenue with is looking to add a commodity risk product control analyst to their team. They have a global presence across Europe and Asia but based in Houston, US. Being one of the largest asset-based traders in the industry, they have grown significantly in the last few years by acquiring assets across all forms of renewables with a focus in wind, hydro, and solar.
The firm is looking to take on a product control analyst who can built out the function for their clean energy commercial business. You will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing P&L reporting, price curve capture, matinence and validation functions
- Work with PL on budget reconciliation
Assist trading teams with capture and validation
- work with Term Management and Structured Trading to capture/validate pricing curves
- Work with ETRM & Position Reporting Teams to develop positing and P&L Reporting
- Work on the accounting and financial side of risk management
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- 2+ years in energy industry in product control or market risk function
- knowledge of MTM =, P&L reporting (critical)
- Understanding of internal and external curve validation
- Knowledge of at least 1 programming language (SQL, Python, VBA)
- Experience with ETRM systems (they use Allegro)
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Maths, Engineering Services or equivalent.
This firm is expansion mode, this is an opportunity for a candidate to step in and build out a space for a growing renewables firm with opportunities for growth.