A Top-Tier Global Hedge Fund in New York City with approximately $58 billion in AUM is seeking to hire an individual at the Risk Manager level to build out the risk frameworks for the Commodities Trading desk.
This hire will be tasked with monitoring the day to day risk for the Commodities Trading desk and providing advisory on these risks to senior management and the Portfolio Managers. Thus making them accountable for enhancing frameworks, reporting infrastructure, risk tools, and risk analytics to identify the market drivers for Commodities Trading performance and risk management.
The firm is ideally targeting candidates with prior experience in a Commodity specific role in a buy-side, sell-side, or utility firm. This candidate must have strong communication and presentation skills as they will be working closely with traders and Portfolio Managers on a daily basis.
- Oversee the daily risk for the commodities portfolio managers & provide significant findings and reports to senior management within the firm
- Execute ad-hoc projects and analysis on specific trading activity involving the commodities space and advise the portfolio managers and senior management on risk metrics
- Assist in the growth and development of the commodities business within the firm
- Advise Portfolio Managers on improvements needed for risk analytics
- Deep understanding of Power and Gas markets
- 5+ years working in the Commodities space, from either a buy side or sell side firm
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to present to senior management and portfolio managers
- Prior experience working closely with the trading desks and demonstrated ability to work cohesively with portfolio managers and traders
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects